To Our Patients and Community Partners:
At Excel Physical Therapy, the health and safety of our patients, staff, and community is our highest priority and we have been monitoring the recent updates from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) in regard to concerns about coronavirus (2019 n-Cov). As part of our standard business practices, and especially during flu season, we promote and encourage additional precautions to reduce the spread of influenza-like illnesses at our clinics and follow Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and CDC Guidelines at each of our facilities every day. As additional information becomes available, we will continue to follow guidance from the CDC and other government authorities to implement efforts to reduce the likelihood of illness and wanted to share some precautionary measures, as well as efforts we are undertaking when visiting our clinics.
Precautionary Measures Recommended by the CDC:
At this time, the CDC has advised that the COVID-19 situation is rapidly evolving and the risk assessment is being updated frequently. We strongly encourage the following practices to help reduce the spread of illness as recommended by the CDC:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue (NOT your hands), then dispose of directly in a trash receptacle
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or sanitization wipe
- Practice social distancing
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the restroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
- Review and follow CDC and Department of Health Travel Advisories when planning travel.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations regarding the use of a facemask.
- CDC recommends that people wear masks in public settings, like on public and mass transportation, at events and gatherings, and anywhere they will be around other people.
- Wear masks to help protect yourself from getting or spreading COVID-19
- Wear masks with two or more layers to stop the spread of COVID-19
- Wear the mask over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin
- For more information on masks, visit https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prevent-getting-sick/about-face-coverings.html
Precautionary Measures at our Clinics:
As determined by Federal and State Authorities, including Pennsylvania Governor Wolf’s Order and Industry Operations Guidance Excel Physical Therapy is deemed an essential service during the COVID-19 Outbreak and may continue operations. We are taking the following precautions at all of our clinics to ensure our patients and employees are treating in the safest environment possible:
- All staff will be screened prior to entering the clinic daily (temperature and symptom screening).
- All patients will be screened prior to each clinic visit. A patient screening station will be established at each of our clinics to assess for risk of contact exposure or symptoms prior to entry. Should we identify any risk, the appointment will be rescheduled.
- We strongly recommend all patients wear a mask or face covering to their appointment, in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- As of 12/21/2020 surgical mask will be supplied to each patient at each treatment session. We stronlgly suggest that patients wear the masks provided by Excel Physical Therapy.
- Each physical therapist will provide 60-minutes of treatment in scheduled 30-minute slots to limit appointment overlap as well as the number of patients and staff in the clinic.
- Each physical therapist will be required to utilize Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) while treating patients.
- All equipment, common areas, entry and exit doors and access areas will be sanitized hourly.
- All highly touched items (coffee, food, magazines) will be removed from the waiting area.
- Patients are permitted to use the community water stations and employees are required to sanitize after each use.
- Patients are permitted to use the tablet at the front desk and employees are required to sanitize after each use.
- Any patient considered to be at a high risk, or those with a compromised immune system or other high risk ailment, will be encouraged to speak with their physician and physical therapist for proper guidance as to whether it is recommended to attend in-clinic therapy, utilize TeleHealth, or postpone treatment to a later date.
- Patient waiting areas will have chairs separated, as will the gym area, so as to continue to maintain the practice of physical distance.
- All therapeutic areas will continue to be sanitized before, during and after each patient.
- Patients and staff will need to review and follow CDC and Department of Health Travel Advisories when planning travel.
As additional information becomes available, we will take appropriate action to continue to protect the health and welfare of all of our patients and staff. We want to reassure current and prospective patients that during this time of heightened awareness, Excel Physical Therapy continues to provide quality care while meeting and exceeding recommendations of OSHA the CDC.
For additional information regarding coronavirus, please visit these websites:
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention:
National Institute for Health:
From the World Health Organization:
Thank you for your continued trust and should you have any additional questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us at [email protected] or speak with any of our area Clinic Directors at each of our 36 clinics for further assistance.
Kristin Mullen, CEO
Excel Physical Therapy